What is screen changer?
Screen changer includes one or more filter devices. When the polymer fluid flow enters the filter device, the contaminants in the melt is blocked in one side of the filter. The filter is supported by a breaker plate, while the breaker plates are installed in the support carriage; support carriage parts can move, stay in the work place or non-working position.
Screen changer is available supporting the device as following: extruder, melt pump, reactor or other extrusion lines. It can be used to filter any type of polymer and thermoplastic.
Why you need melt filtration device?
As quality specifications become tighter and the need to use more recycled materials becomes more prominent, more and more extrusion processors are examining their options in melt-filtration technology. There are three basic reasons why you need melt filtration:
1. Product quality specifications mandate visual or mechanical properties that cannot be maintained without filtration.
2. Downstream equipment may become damaged by contaminants in the melt.
3. Additional melt pressure is needed to improve melt quality.
It is likely that most extrusion processors will fit into one of the above categories, and that they will find a simple breaker plate unsatisfactory due to the time required disassembling and reassembling the device. The alternatives considered here are various types of screen changers, though other types of filters may be used for special purposes, like high output rates and very tight filtration requirements.
Common uses for screen changers are:
Bulk polymer production from a reactor i.e. producing pellets.
Extrusion lines for compounding polymers, blown film, cast film, sheet, pipes, profiles, plastics recycling.
Different types of Screen Changers are available, to cater for different applications and process requirements. Manual type or slow speed screen changers require the production line to be stopped for a short time to enable the filter to be changed, other types, operating at high speed, can change filter without stopping or slowing down the extrusion process.
For the production of blow film, sheet, pipes, etc, continuous flow screen changers are the most suitable type as the melt continues to flow during a screen change.
Each type of Screen Changer is available in different sizes, to cater for different output requirements. Anji Screen Changers are available from 30mm diameter for polymer outputs of 100 kg/h to the massive Extended Area for outputs up to 60,000 kg/h. For new or existing lines, Anji can design and manufacture adaptors, which may be required to connect the Screen Changer to the rest of the line.
How to choose a suitable screen changer?
As for screen changer, we need to be told as follow:
1. What is the processed material, PP/PE/ABS/PET? Is it new material or reclaim material?
2. Is the extruder single screw or twin screw? What size is the screw diameter?
3. Production capacity (Kg/h)? Max operating pressure?
4. What is the finial products, plastic pipe or sheet, pellets?
5. Do you require continuous or discontinuous process?
According to the technical feedback, we will suggest that screen changer more suitable your processing requirement.
What are the benifits of screen changer on extruder?
1. Improve the quality of the final products
2. Greatly improve the plasticizing of the raw material
3. Make the product structure more homogeneous and product surface smoothness
4. Protect the down stream equipments, such as ANJI melt pumps and the extrusion dies
What are the benifits of melt pump on extruder?
1.To improve the stability of the product size
2. Melting quality control
3. Increase output
4. Reduce the raw materil consumption
5. Improve the flexible of the extruder
6. Protect the extrusion die ,extend the service life of the extruder
What are the benifits of installation the screen changer and melt gear pump together?
1. Improve the melt plasticaction
2. Improve the quality of the products
3. Extend the service life of the extruder
4. Greatly increase the output of the products
5. Reduce the labor interference
6. Reduce the unqualified products
What do we need to pay attention when using the screen changer nad melt pump?
1. We should operate the screen changer and melt gear pump as the safety manual, prevent an electrical shock
2. To prevent ourself scald
3.Do not disassemble the screen changer and the melt gear pump, any questions, please contact with the supplier